There is a growing need for a sustainable and environmentally sound method to produce food, both in Europe and around the world. By the year 2050, it is estimated that the population of the world will reach an astonishing 9.5 billion people, requiring the need to produce food at an effective and environmentally sustainable rate.
Hydroponics is a subset of hydroculture and is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, in water, without soil. Terrestrial plants may be grown with their roots in the mineral solution only, or in an inert medium, such as perlite or gravel.
The nutrients in hydroponics can be from fish waste, normal nutrients, or duck manure.
In this section you can find the best websites specializing in hydroponic systems
Advantages Hydroponics system
- Wasteful use of fresh water
- High demand for fossils fuels and the associated greenhouse effect
- Loss of terrestrial biodiversity
- Contamination of the soil and water table
- Food borne illness and disease, which will contribute to environmental degradation.
List websites hydroponic systems