Plants need an energy source in order to grow.
With hydroponics growing this energy may come from natural light, which has the full spectrum of color or through the use of different types of artifi cial lighting (grow lights), which can be selected for specific plant varieties and optimum plant growth characteristics.
What do you need to start hydroponic production?
Garden production unit
- Source of clean water
- The right location
- Specially formulated fertilizer
- Time to attend to the system daily
- A little knowledge of plants or gardening
- A commercial or home made unit
Commercial production unit
- Water is the most important consideration, that is in terms of quality, quantity and reliability.
- Market. Know what, where and when to market your crop.
- Hydroponics is labour intensive. During peak season, labour must be available for 7 days a week.
- Management skills: Production, labour, marketing and infra-structure.
- Expertise in crop production, fertilisation and irrigation, pests and disease management.
- Location: Infra-structure, labour, market,etc.
- Financing: The amount needed depends on the size, type of greenhouse, labour cost and your market.
- Dedication: labour and management in general.
Deep Water Culture (DWC) Hydroponic Bucket Kit 5 Gallon, 6″ Pot Lid by PowerGrow ® Systems
Looking for an inexpensive and easy way to grow hydroponically? The PowerGrow ® Systems Deep Water Culture System is the answer! Super easy to use, the DWC system allows you to get up and growing in no time, with very little effort. The PowerGrow Deep Water Culture System includes everything you need for a complete system. In a Deep Water Culture system, the plant roots are immersed in an oxygen infused and nutrient rich water reservoir (a 5 gallon FDA approved bucket).
The oxygen rich solution helps build healthy root systems faster and more efficiently than soil which results in superior plant growth and production.
The PowerGrow Deep Water Culture System includes the following: 5 Gallon FDA Approved Bucket, 6″ Net Pot Bucket Lid, Growstones® Growing Medium (better than hydroton clay!), 29 gph Air Pump, Air Tubing, 2″ Diameter Cylinder Air Stone, 3 Grodan® Rockwool Starter Plugs, Blue Water Level Indicator + Drain, Complete Instructions, 1 Year Warranty. (Nutrients and pH test Kit not included) With the PowerGrow brand, you also get the quality assurance of a 1 year Manufacturers USA warranty. So what are you waiting for? Get growing with a PowerGrow® DWC Deep Water Culture System today!